- I never imagined it would be this awesome. We just have so much fun together. The best times are when tease and laugh with each other.
- There is always someone to do something with! I don’t require that much alone time; so, I like that he’s always there. We go on some great adventures together. Honestly, just going to the ice cream shop with him is an adventure. He is pretty hilarious.
- We’re a great team. I love that when the circuit breaker goes out, he fixes it. I love that when I need a break from parenting, he’s right there beside me. If I cook, he cleans.
- It’s fun to dream and plan together. We have financial goals, travel goals, life goals. It’s fun to think about what we are doing and want to do with our lives.
- And, of course, the intimacy – not just physically; but, I love that I can tell him anything and everything.
- I dislike sharing the bedroom closet very much. We have a lack of storage in this apartment; and I would love to organize my stuff in the closet. But since it’s the only one in the house, I have to share with hubby and his huge bin of wires. (Don’t ask.)
- The toilet always seems to be dirty. Enough said.
- The car smells like “man”. He uses it way more than I do; and now, every time I get in it, I feel like scrubbing it down.
- He’s mostly a meat and potatoes man. I love all vegetables. His list of likes is way shorter than his list of dislikes. He is really good about trying the dishes I make though. I can always tell when he doesn’t like it if he doesn’t go for seconds.
- I met my match when it comes to arguing. My mom used to tell me I was the queen of arguing. Well, I definitely married the king of arguing. Sometimes it’s fun. Sometimes it’s tiring.
Thankfully, I’ve been learning that I’m a much happier person if I focus on the good rather than the ugly. There’s always going to be the not-so-good side of relationships; and, I mostly wanted to bring them up because they are humorous. I’m sure many women can relate! So, while it’s important to keep in mind that there will never be perfection – there will always be joy if that’s what you’re looking for.
What do you enjoy about being married?